Hello and Welcome!
I am Dorothy Fitzer, MFT, GCFT ~ Shamanic Psychotherapist, Somatic Practitioner and Creator of The Embodied Soul Center. I work with healing and awareness on all levels – physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual. As a Shaman, I work quickly to identify and transform limiting patterns at the subtle energy levels. As a body-centered psychotherapist, I then move into helping you shift your nervous system so you have a literal felt-sense of difference in your experience which makes making concrete shifts in your life tremendously easier. We also get to enjoy using Tai Chi, Chi Gung and the Feldenkrais Method for stress and anxiety management as well as playing with a new sense of self in your physical body.
I am honored to be a guide and support for you on your journey of healing and becoming your most present, loving, joyful, and authentic Self.
Are you struggling with:
- letting go of perpetual stress, anxiety, and negativity
- being stuck in old painful emotions and wounds from the past
- unsatisfying, conflictual relationships that lack real intimacy and honesty
- feeling haunted by recurrent thoughts and feelings and may not even know where they come from
- feeling comfortable in your own skin
- wanting to manage anxiety and depression naturally without medication
Do you long to:
- release old mental and emotional patterns so you can fully enjoy
- your life, friends, and family in the here and now
- acquire skills to empower yourself to release these blocks and connect with your own inner wisdom and intuition
- discover “the more”, the deeper meaning within yourself and the world
- discover your true path in your career and why your here on this planet
Do you feel inspired by:
- exploring your inner depths and the riches that are uniquely you
- learning new and unique skills and practices of personal growth
- being a power for positive change in the world
- the mysteries of human consciousness and the universe
I invite you to take a moment to explore my site and get inspired by the many avenues of healing and wisdom that I bring to my practice and classes. I’ve spent nearly three decades studying and mastering a vast array of knowledge and skills on the physical (Chi Gung, Tai Chi, Taoist Breathing,the Feldenkrais Method, Somatic Experiencing), Emotional (psychodynamic, existential, and transpersonal psychology) and Spiritual (Meditation, Shamanic Soul Retrieval, Chakra and Energy Healing). I have strived to integrate them into a cohesive whole to best serve my clients on their path to healing, wholeness, and deep presence and awareness.
My mission is to assist you in releasing those wounds and patterns that keep you from realizing your own profound connection to Self and live the fullest, most meaningful life possible. I know from my own experience, as well as of my clients and students, that profound change is possible – and possibly beyond your wildest dreams.
“I have worked with Dorothy as a client addressing issues of personal growth, spiritual development, and learning practical psychological skills for navigating the world. Dorothy empowers her clients to identify their own ingrained patterns and release them so that shifts in energy and consciousness can take place. Dorothy’s broad background in everything from Taoist practices and dance to psychology and energy healing gives her a very solid foundation from which to address all aspects of development- mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual. Her sense of humor and keen insight help her clients to see their worlds with a new and more enlightened perspective. If you are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work with Dorothy, do not pass it up.”
–W.H., San Francisco
“I have known Dorothy as a teacher and mentor for 5 years. I have been most impressed by her ability to tune in to the where the client is, and hit the nail on the head–how to handle the challenge and how to move on from there. Her respect and compassion for her students and clients and her insights, both innate and learned skills, will help anyone who is willing to move forward. Whether blockages and obstacles are on a physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level–or in the surroundings–she uses her expertise and guidance to detect the challenges, solve them and give practical guidance to continue the good work. She is devoted to her work and her clients and does so with joy.”
If you’re feeling inspired or curious to learn more about how I can help you, a wonderful first step you can take is to sign up for my free audio “Chakra Meditation: A Guided Meditation to Reconnect and Recharge Body, Mind, and Spirit.” You can use this anytime to relax and release the stress and strain of the day, help you feel and assert your authentic boundaries, and to feel greater ease and peace within yourself. I wish you much love and joy on your healing journey!